This introductory level Neuro-IFRAH® Organization approved 2-day course is designed
for nurses who work with adults affected by a stroke or brain injury. This course will place an emphasis on improving participants handling skills including buy not limited to topics of control in
sitting & standing, scooting in sitting, transfers, sit to stand and stand to sit, gait, bed mobility and positioning, and care of the affected side.This course consists of lecture and lab
sessions. Audio-visual materials will be used to enhance participants learning of the concepts and techniques learned.
Neuro-IFRAH® concepts related to variables affecting patient’s rehabilitation outcomes
- Identify strategies to increase incorporation
of the affected side and facilitate more normal movement throughout the body during various transitional movements and other functional activities.
- Demonstrate applications of techniques learned
to facilitate more normal movement during various transitional movements and other functional activities.
- Identify concepts and strategies related to
care of the affected side.
- Demonstrate applications of strategies related
to care of the affected side.
- Modify handling as needed to improve desired
- Identify concepts related to teamwork and carry
over in patient progress.
Upon successful completion of the
course, participants will be Neuro-IFRAH Trained®.